Okara a la Italia reminded me of lasagna filling. I love melted cheese and lasagna is always a good excuse to pile on the cheese. Since the okara is already fully cooked (which means pretty dry), I decided to cook lasagna sheets and assemble the lasagna on the plate instead. The resulting dish is worth a dinner’s try!
- Lasagna sheets (I use 2 per one-person serving)
- Gratin cheese, mozarella, gouda or emmental, grated or sliced
- Okara a la Italia
- Boil lasagna sheets according to package instructions (usually about 8-10 minutes, depending on the kind of bite you prefer)
- Reheat okara if it’s been cooled. You may want to add a little more seasoning, especially salt because the pasta is plain and depends on the filling for flavour.
- Cut each lasagna sheet in half
- Layer lasagna sheet and okara filling alternately
- Top with cheese
- Melt cheese using either a microwave (about 30 seconds using 600 watt) or the grill function of the oven (2 minutes or so)